Skip to main content

Struggling to fit a rejected PhoneGap project (app) into XCode

So at some point in December last year, I got a rather nice "Happy new year" message on my Google chat. The following is an extract from that message,

A zillion thanks for posting the Swift with html5 frameworks. I have really been struggling to get a rejected PhoneGap project into XCode, and using your Framework made it possible. Thanks a million and Happy New Year to you! 

The framework the message was referring to was this Github project that I created last year, I have described this project in more detail in this post. So long story short, being new to iOS development, I had/have a burning desire to build an HTML5 project for iOS devices. My goal has/was to build a hybrid project like the way I have described in my blog post and I wanted to make use of the Ionic framework. When I started developing the project, I had some issues getting the project to the point where I wanted it to be, simply because I did not know enough about iOS. Eventually I did get to know iOS a little better and when I did solve that problem, i figured I may as well share my experience with the world. So I created a Github project/repo, that can serve as a template for anyone who faces a similar problem to the one I faced being new to iOS.

So I am assuming my Github project, at least solved the iOS problem for the sender? Now the sender of that message had no idea how happy that message made me! Well it made me very happy and it gives me enough motivation to keep doing what I am doing i.e. keep writing about the solutions that I find for the programming problems I encounter on a day to day basis.

My app that gave rise to the GitHub repo is My Day To-Do and I am working on it full-time right now so if you find my blog posts useful and want to support me you can 
  • Or one of the cheaper versions, L or W
Any feedback on my apps or the way I write my post, would be great.

Comments

Siva said…
I thought protecting the website from the hackers is a hectic task. This post makes it easy for the developers and business people to protect the website. Keep sharing posts like this…
Hire Dedicated Php Developer
Hire Dedicated Opencart Developers
Hire Dedicated Developers
Hire Dedicated Programmers
Dedicated Magento Developer

Popular posts from this blog

Html5 based widget for an iOS app: Today extension powered by the Ionic framework

At some point the thought of adding a Widget to my iOS app came to mind which was followed by starting work on adding a widget for my app, My Day Todos . Obviously the first step was to learn how to add a Widget to an iOS app and in that learning process I discovered many things about widgets in iOS first of which was a widget in iOS is a an app extension i.e a  Today Extension . While I am still haven't finished working on the widget for my iOS app, I thought I would take some time out and share what I have learned. In this post, I will share a few important tips and provide an example of how to add a Widget to an iOS app and have the widget UI powered by Html5 via  Ionic framework . I added some code to my Github repo, Html5StarterAppWithSwift in order to show how this can be achieved. There are already too many tutorials out on the Web on how to add a Today extension to an iOS app so I won't be including that here. Instead I will focus on sharing some of the useful tip...

Build a Full-Stack Image Upload App with Node.js, Express, React, and Vite (Beginner Tutorial)

 If you’re new to full-stack web development and want a hands-on project to practice React frontend integration with a Node.js + Express backend , this tutorial is for you. In this guide, we’ll walk through a simple but powerful app that lets users upload images, store them on the server, and display them back in the browser. This project is based on my GitHub repo: node-express-react-simple-fileupload . It’s designed to be beginner-friendly, SEO-optimized, and a great starting point for anyone learning JavaScript full-stack development . 🛠️ Technologies Used Here’s the tech stack powering this project: Node.js – JavaScript runtime for the backend. Express.js – Lightweight web framework for building REST APIs. Multer – Middleware for handling file uploads. CORS – Enables cross-origin requests between frontend and backend. React.js – Frontend library for building user interfaces. Vite – Fast development server and build tool for React. Fetch API – For making HTTP requests ...

App update, discovering Protractor(testing) and an Angularjs State machine

So for the last couple of weeks, I have not be able to update my blog or finish a couple of the posts that I started writing. Well, I have...been a bit busy, with some the following things,  Testing my app I have been using the app( iOS ) on my iPhone for the past couple of months now, which is both good and bad. The good thing is I can test it and the bad thing is, I can use it every day. Part of the reason, I started building this app is to have something that I can and like to use everyday and since I am already using it, the incentive to release it is not as high as if it were something that I could not use. Anyway I did make some good progress over the last couple of weeks, like  Delete the app from my iPhone and do a clean install: this did help me find a few simple bugs that would pop-up when the app is first installed GET AN APP ICON, FINALLY! this was a bit of a hurdle and I thanks to Fiverr  and fivercrazyguy , I finally have my app icon. The day job ...